Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

huynhj93
Returning Member

I filled out Form 568 in TurboTax desktop in the "Additional Information for Scanband Smart Worksheet". When I print the Form 568, all the info I entered is empty?

Form 568 for CA seems to be broken. I filled out all the info in the Scanband Smart Worksheet required, but when I go to print the form, all of the information inputted earlier is missing so I just get a blank 568 form at the very top. See https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2023/2023-568.pdf, specifically, everything above the I section "During this taxable year..." is missing.

EDIT: I tried the same thing in the online version as well. So I entered all fields in the "Additional Information for Scanband Smart Worksheet", and clicked on Print Form 568. The fields are completely missing from the actual printed PDF. What's going on?

EDIT2: It seems like I can override the input fields, but without the actual field identifier, it looks very strange. For example, for `Enter total assets at end of year`, I can manually override to a number, say 0. But then all it shows in the PDF is a 0 and how is the FTB for CA suppose to know what that is.

EDIT3: I played around with how the "Additional Information for Scanband Smart Worksheet" and from what I can tell, the software is _SUPPOSE_ to source the information inputted to the corresponding fields in the form 568. However, the software isn't properly doing it. Instead, the only field that is being processed is Box G Total Assets at EOY for the scanband. So if I enter, say 0 for that box, then when I click on "Print Form 568", it actually shows "0."(literally, only "0." without any specification of what that "0," refers to, in this case "Total assets", but the FTB CA won't know that.). I think the software devs need to take a look at this because it's broken.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies