Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JB7
Level 3

I changed employers mid-year. I entered two W2s that both show the maximum for NJ FLI and NJ UI/WF/S. TurboTax is giving me *no* option to fill out NJ-2450. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

I changed employers mid-year. I entered two W2s that both show the maximum for NJ FLI and NJ UI/WF/S. TurboTax is giving me *no* option to fill out NJ-2450. Help!

The program fills out form NJ-2450 automatically, even if you didn't exceed the limit with 2 or more employers. If you've exceeded the cap on FLI, SDI, or SUI, the excess is credited on your NJ return.

You don't need to manually complete this form. You just need to ensure that you enter the appropriate dropdowns for Box 14 of your W2(s) to select SUI, SDI, and FLI there. The program recognizes these taxes and adds them to the NJ-2450.

Are you using the desktop Deluxe? Switch to Forms in the top right.

• Look at your W2s. Verify that you have selected the dropdowns for the NJ taxes in Box 14. This won't work if they are inputted anywhere other than Box 14. If anything is in Box 19 of your actual W2, move the info to box 14 in Turbo Tax.
  • Ensure that all information is complete on the W2 entries. The Form 2450 will be "hung up" and produce an error if you are missing employer's name, wages, or EIN. This is just as important as actually listing the SDI, FLI, and SUI

See attached screenshot of Form 2450 in Turbo Tax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

The program fills out form NJ-2450 automatically, even if you didn't exceed the limit with 2 or more employers. If you've exceeded the cap on FLI, SDI, or SUI, the excess is credited on your NJ return.

You don't need to manually complete this form. You just need to ensure that you enter the appropriate dropdowns for Box 14 of your W2(s) to select SUI, SDI, and FLI there. The program recognizes these taxes and adds them to the NJ-2450.

Are you using the desktop Deluxe? Switch to Forms in the top right.

• Look at your W2s. Verify that you have selected the dropdowns for the NJ taxes in Box 14. This won't work if they are inputted anywhere other than Box 14. If anything is in Box 19 of your actual W2, move the info to box 14 in Turbo Tax.
  • Ensure that all information is complete on the W2 entries. The Form 2450 will be "hung up" and produce an error if you are missing employer's name, wages, or EIN. This is just as important as actually listing the SDI, FLI, and SUI

See attached screenshot of Form 2450 in Turbo Tax.

JB7
Level 3

Yes that fixed it.  I would just say that TT should recognize these entries in Box 19 of the W2, because that is where these taxes have been reported on my W2s for as long as I can remember.
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Perhaps...the reality is that Box 19 is incorrect on your employer's behalf. Box 19 is for local/ municipality taxes. NJ doesn't have any local taxes. These are state taxes. So.. though not uncommon to see it in Box 19, this is incorrect.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies