Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't change state on non-resident state return

My wife and I left MN to work overseas Aug 2014. I am trying to file a non-resident form with MN.  I accidently selected MN as current residence and cannot change it back.  Is there a way to change it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JoannaT

Try this solution:

1. Login to your account
  2. At the top, click the "Personal Info" tab (this will take you to your Personal info summary).
  3. Scroll down until you see "Tell us the state you lived in"
  4. In the "I lived in another state in 2016" select Yes
  5. Now you can select where you lived on December 31, 2016 (Scroll all the way down "Foreign or U.S. Possession")
  6. On "Previous state of residence" select the state where you lived before you move
  7. Type the date you moved
  8. Click Continue
Note : If you need to change your current mailing address go to Personal Info>'Mailing address' Edit

The blocks mentioned were already filled out as indicated.  This solution does not allow me to change the state tax form M1NR.  I have non-resident selected but it will not allow me to change the state from MN (accidently selected) to any other.
JoannaT

So you don't want to file a Minnesota tax return? You want to delete that state and add another?

I am trying to file a non-resident tax return form MN.  If I cannot change the dropdown on the M1NR state tax form, it will not let me file.  (I accidently selected MN).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies