Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am able to depreciate my car using schedule C form 4562. But my depreciation deduction transfers over to NY as an addition on form IT225 with code A209. Is this ok?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I am able to depreciate my car using schedule C form 4562. But my depreciation deduction transfers over to NY as an addition on form IT225 with code A209. Is this ok?

Yes. It is perfectly okay, and is to be expected.

The several States often have depreciation rules that do not fully conform to the federal regulations.

The instructions for NY State Form IT-225 include a number of modifications based on depreciation, including A209. Depending on what your assets are, what year they were placed in service, and the method used to depreciate them for federal tax purposes, you should expect to see a significant portion of your federal depreciation, including all bonus depreciation, to be added back to income for NY purposes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

Yes. It is perfectly okay, and is to be expected.

The several States often have depreciation rules that do not fully conform to the federal regulations.

The instructions for NY State Form IT-225 include a number of modifications based on depreciation, including A209. Depending on what your assets are, what year they were placed in service, and the method used to depreciate them for federal tax purposes, you should expect to see a significant portion of your federal depreciation, including all bonus depreciation, to be added back to income for NY purposes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies