Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a resident of Alabama but received a 1099-MISC for work I did in Indiana. Do I have to file a nonresident state tax return in Indiana?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

I am a resident of Alabama but received a 1099-MISC for work I did in Indiana. Do I have to file a nonresident state tax return in Indiana?

Then YES, you must file an Indiana Full-Year Nonresident IT-40PNR form.

If you were a full-year nonresident of Indiana, but received  any  income from Indiana sources, you must file your Indiana income taxes.

IT-40PNR Part-Year and Full-Year Nonresident Individual Income Tax Booklet.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

Did you actually work in Indiana?

Yes
TomK
Expert Alumni

Then YES, you must file an Indiana Full-Year Nonresident IT-40PNR form.

If you were a full-year nonresident of Indiana, but received  any  income from Indiana sources, you must file your Indiana income taxes.

IT-40PNR Part-Year and Full-Year Nonresident Individual Income Tax Booklet.

TomK
Expert Alumni

Please see updated answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies