Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to show withholding passed through on a trust's final K-1 equivalent for Oklahoma Nonresident return

I have withholding from a trust's final year that only has Oklahoma oil royalties with the withholding. Can I e-file if I need to attach the K-1 showing the withholding or will Oklahoma tax agency be able to see that from the 513NR filed that has a copy of the K-1 equivalent? I cannot see anything on the Tax payment worksheet for OKLA return that is specific; only the "other state withholding" line with no place to say it is from the final year trust return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

How to show withholding passed through on a trust's final K-1 equivalent for Oklahoma Nonresident return

You don't need to attach your K-1 with your state return. A copy of your Oklahoma Schedule K-1 was also sent to the state. This includes the information about state tax withholding. Plus, the state is aware that the trust paid tax on your behalf.

Be sure you reported the withholding under Oklahoma Credits/Taxes so that you receive credit for the withholding on your state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I thought so but the copy of the Final Trust return does not have the 1099-Misc showing the withholding attached. So, I will verify with the CPA who prepared that return.  One wrinkle is the trust was on a fiscal year and reconciling the calendar 1099s with the fiscal years is not clear from the return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies