Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get a Hawaii Schedule D1

I'm a Hawaii non-resident and sold my rental property there in 2023.  From everything I've read (and spoken to Hawaii tax office) I will need to file a Hawaii Schedule D1.   Does any version of Turbotax provide this form?   I'm using Premier and it's not there. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

No, Hawaii Schedule D-1, Sales of Business Property isn't available for filing with individual tax returns in TurboTax.  See TurboTax's Tax form availability app.

Certain dispositions of business property may require the use of Schedule D-1.  See Disposition of Business Property in the Hawaii Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Instructions.  See also the Instructions for Schedule D-1

If your Hawaii nonresident return requires the attachment of Schedule D-1, you'll need to print and mail your state return.  See the TurboTax Help article How do I print and mail a return in TurboTax Desktop for Windows? for guidance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

No, Hawaii Schedule D-1, Sales of Business Property isn't available for filing with individual tax returns in TurboTax.  See TurboTax's Tax form availability app.

Certain dispositions of business property may require the use of Schedule D-1.  See Disposition of Business Property in the Hawaii Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Instructions.  See also the Instructions for Schedule D-1

If your Hawaii nonresident return requires the attachment of Schedule D-1, you'll need to print and mail your state return.  See the TurboTax Help article How do I print and mail a return in TurboTax Desktop for Windows? for guidance.

I figured as much.  Sale of rental property in Hawaii requires me to file a schedule D1.  Apparently, the support tech last night did not know about the TurboTax form availability app.  After over an hour on the phone, He told me to upgrade to premier and I would get the form.  He was wrong and I’ve put in a refund request.  thx for your educated and accurate information . 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies