Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter Massachusetts moving expenses? Part time resident Form 1-NR/PY, Schedule Y, Line 5 This form doesn't exists in TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

How do I enter Massachusetts moving expenses? Part time resident Form 1-NR/PY, Schedule Y, Line 5 This form doesn't exists in TurboTax.

Sch Y line 5 in Turbo Tax show moving expenses for members of the Armed Forces. In the desktop version, you can go into Forms mode and enter the number. This voids the accuracy guarantee. There isn't another way to enter the moving expenses.

MASS does allow the deduction if it is related to your job or business. Moving Expense Deduction - Mass.gov

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will be able to deduct the moving expenses on the Massachusetts state tax return.  @dimasin 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Sch Y line 5 in Turbo Tax show moving expenses for members of the Armed Forces. In the desktop version, you can go into Forms mode and enter the number. This voids the accuracy guarantee. There isn't another way to enter the moving expenses.

MASS does allow the deduction if it is related to your job or business. Moving Expense Deduction - Mass.gov

After reading MA instructions I was under impression that anyone, not only member of military is eligible for "Moving expenses ".

Since line 5 states "members of Armed Forses", is it legal to claim moving expenses for non-military on this line?

Thank you so much for your help!

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will be able to deduct the moving expenses on the Massachusetts state tax return.  @dimasin 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies