Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter info from a Form VK-1 for a non-resident of VA?

I'm having trouble finding where to input the information on a VK-1 for a pass-through entity. I have amounts on lines 1 & 2 - taxable income and total deductions, as well as lines 6 & 7 - apportionable income and VA percentage.  Also line 10 - Net income tax used as a deduction in determining taxable income.  I figured out how to post the refundable credit for pass-through entity elective tax payment credit.  

TurboTax continues to make it SO difficult to input state K-1 information! It's like playing hide-and-seek. Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

How do I enter info from a Form VK-1 for a non-resident of VA?

You can review and edit the information carried over from the federal Schedule K-1 in the State Taxes interview for a non-resident Virginia return.

Look for the page "Your Virginia K-1 Summary" and click Edit beside the investment you need to work on. Verify and/or edit the information from Schedule VK-1 on the pages that follow, including the taxable income distributed to you. The PTET paid on your behalf is found under "Here's the income that Virginia handles differently" as a Tax Add-Back.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies