turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I apply the tax credit for switching from a gas stove to electric and upgrading my breaker panel to a 200 amp panel, which fall under the inflation reduction act?

Per recommendation from my local electrician, I upgraded my home's 100 amp panel to a 200 amp panel, and I also installed a new 240V line to my kitchen stove area, where I installed a new electric stove. I was informed that the panel upgrade qualified for up to $4000, the wiring I believe was up to $500, and $840 for the new electric stove. 

When I am entering deductions in my TurboTax 2023 Home & Business software, I do not see where to enter this information to receive the credits/rebates. 

What form would these credits/rebates by applied to? And how do I access in the TurboTax software?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

How do I apply the tax credit for switching from a gas stove to electric and upgrading my breaker panel to a 200 amp panel, which fall under the inflation reduction act?

Under the Residential Clean Energy Credit, you can get a federal tax credit for installing alternative energy equipment.   

If you made energy-efficient improvements to your home, you may be able to claim the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit for 30% of amounts paid for qualified energy efficiency improvements, up to an annual cap of $1,200, or fixed-dollar amounts ranging from $150 to $600 for energy-efficient property.

Learn where to enter qualified energy-saving improvements in TurboTax.  The following qualify for tax credits:

Biomass stoves burn biomass fuel to heat a home or heat water. Biomass fuel includes agricultural crops and trees, wood and wood waste and residues (including wood pellets), plants (including aquatic plants), grasses, residues, and fibers.   Must have a thermal efficiency rating of at least 75% (measured by the higher heating value of the fuel).

Any improvement to, or replacement of, a panelboard, sub-panelboard, branch circuits, or feeders which:

1. is installed in a manner consistent with the National Electric Code,
  2. has a load capacity of not less than 200 amps,
  3. is installed in conjunction with, and enables the installation and use of:
    • any qualified energy efficiency improvements, or
    • any qualified energy property (heat pump water heater, heat pump, central air conditioner, water heater, furnace or hot water boiler, biomass stove or boiler)
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies