Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I find my Total Special District purchases for 2023?

I am trying to complete the Special Districts with Additional Use Tax of my State return for CO. It seems that I do live in an area with additional tax applied, but I do not know how to quantify or estimate my purchases in this special district for 2023
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How can I find my Total Special District purchases for 2023?

There's no estimation calculator for the Special Districts with Additional Use Tax, at least not in TurboTax.  The burden is on you to keep your receipts and report this tax.

That said, according to 1. Am I required to complete the consumer use tax portion of the individual income tax return? on the Colorado Department of Revenue's Consumer Use Tax | Frequently Asked Questions page:

Leaving that portion of the return blank indicates the taxpayer does not want to use the income tax form to report and remit any consumer use tax liability they may have for the prior year. However leaving it blank does not mean that the taxpayer is formally stating there is no use tax liability. Taxpayers may confidentially and without fear of criminal prosecution report zero on the use tax line of their individual income tax return. The Department's working assumption will be that the taxpayer either had no use tax liability or they chose to report it through one of the other methods available to them.

You probably want to be conscientious about your tax responsibilities, but the department's stated position above is clear.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies