Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

neko

Hawaii State Standard deduction $4400

I think I choose standard deduction for Hawaii State Tax. But the line 23 for standard deduction is still 0. Why? I and my husband are jointly filer and shoud be $4,400.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Hawaii State Standard deduction $4400

You may have inadvertently checked a box somewhere in your Hawaii interview that you didn’t intend to.  For example, you may have indicated that you can be claimed as a dependent by someone else on their return.

I’d suggest stepping back through your state interview and making sure your responses are correct.  

To do this in TurboTax Online:

1. If you’re on the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen that displays the categories Personal InfoIncome & Expenses, and others in the center of the screen, and none of those categories are open, click the dropdown next to any of the categories, then select the Review/Edit or Pick up where you left off button.  If one of the categories is open and has a Continue button, select the button
  2. Now, in the pane on the left side of your screen, select State
  3. Select Continue at the bottom of the Let's get your state taxes done right screen
  4. On the Status of your state returns screen, select Continue or Edit to the right of Hawaii
  5. Review your responses, changing whatever needs to be changed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon at the lower left

**Mark the post that best answers your question by clicking on “Mark as Best Answer”

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies