Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Georgia Education Expense Credit appearing twice on my Georgia state return

I contributed, as an individual, to the Georgia GOAL education program. This should result in an individual credit. But TurboTax is counting that credit again as a "Business and Individual Credit." Looking back at my report from last year, it appears that TurboTax did the same and I submitted the report without realizing the error, which (if I recall correctly) resulted in Georgia amending my refund. Now TurboTax is making the same error, and I have no idea how to fix it. I just need to claim my education credit once, not twice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Georgia Education Expense Credit appearing twice on my Georgia state return

Where did this credit appear twice? On what Georgia form or schedule and on what line(s)?

I just ran a simple test, and although the amount prints twice in a couple of places, the actual credit is not duplicated.

Or are you referring to the Georgia interview where on the screen headed with "Take a look at Georgia Credits", it shows "Education Expense Credit" and "Business and Individual Credit"? Yes, that shows twice, but I don't see that the Georgia return has the credit twice (at least not in my test). See lines 20 and 21 on GA Form 500.

Let me know if you see it differently.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies