turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

irenemk3

FTB Form 568 (tax year 2023)

Hi - I saw a posting indicating that the 568 needs to be printed and mailed. My situation is different in that the form 568 is included in the pdf when "Tax Return Only" is selected. I just want to be sure as the FTB mishandled past returns and this is the first time I'm using Turbotax - Do I need to sign & mail? Or can I just keep for my records. FYI - I efiled my state returns and paid the ftb online. Many thanks for clarifying.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

FTB Form 568 (tax year 2023)

California Form 568, Limited Liability Company Return of Income, is included in TurboTax Desktop Deluxe and Home and Business. Depending on how you answer questions in the Schedule C section, it may generate automatically. If not, you can bring up the form by going to Forms mode by clicking the button at the top right, then clicking Open Form and entering "568".

If your Form 568 was included in a PDF you generated of "Tax Return Only" forms, then it was included when you e-mailed your return. The TurboTax Forms Availability Tool indicates that it is supported for e-filing.

Form 568 must be filed by every LLC that is not taxable as a corporation if any of the following apply:

• The LLC is doing business in California.
  • The LLC is organized in California.
  • The LLC is organized in another state or foreign country, but registered with the California SOS.
  • The LLC has income from California sources.

Form 568 can either be e-filed or mailed to:

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942857
Sacramento, CA 94257-0501

SMLLCs

• For SMLLCs owned by pass-through entities (S corporations, partnerships, and LLCs classified as partnerships), the original due date of the return is the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year.
  • For all other SMLLCs, the original due date of the return is the 15th day of the 4th month following the close of the taxable year of the owner.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies