Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form Ohio SD 100 printed with my State Return this year, why?

In my Ohio State Tax returns, I see new pages in my return I have never seen before in previous years.

3 Pages called OHIO SD 100.  Line 19 for amount due is blank (we owe nothing).

These new pages may be due to a question I answered wrong, but in the HELP area it said IF you see numbers in certain boxes of your W2 you likely need to answer yes.  So I did.

We do live in district, my husband is employed in same district as school as well.

My school district is

Ohio-

County is Henry

City School District is in is Napoleon.

I tried for over an hour to lookup if my city school district to see if I need to fill out the Ohio SD 100 forms. 

I don't ever remember encountering this before. Any these forms are not in any of my past returns.

I am paper filing:

1. Do I keep these forms and if so, they have their OWN area to sign on these pages as well. 

Do you also sign these separately from main return?

3. If I need them do I mail them with regular return to same address for Ohio taxes or what to do with them

I want to understand what happened so I don't ever encounter this issue again.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

There appears to be a glitch in the SD100 part of the OH program this year. TT is aware of it. 

Q.  Do I keep these forms and if so, they have their OWN area to sign on these pages as well. 

A. No. You don't live in a district with a tax. 

Q. Do you also sign these separately from main return?

A. No. Do not sign or submit the SD100

Q. These new pages may be due to a question I answered wrong, but in the HELP area it said IF you see numbers in certain boxes of your W2 you likely need to answer yes.  So I did.

A.  Boxes 18-20 of your W-2 are used for both School District (SD) and City income tax.  If you work in a city with an income tax, your employer must withhold tax and fill those boxes. But, you don't file  a city (or SD) tax return unless you live in a city with a tax. 

Thank your for your kindness and for answering my questions. 

Followup, when you PAPER file and mail in, can I still go in a delete these forms just so they dont come up again next year and trick me again? OR if I delete the form will it think I am amending a whole return? Because I absolutely don't want to amend a return when I could just throw these pages away before mailing.

Hal_Al
Level 15

You can  just throw those pages away before mailing.

The SD100 will not come up automatically next year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies