Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1116 - is there an error with Adjusted Gross Income

I am unable to file due to an error or difficulty with Form 1116 - Gross income adjustment on the Smart Worksheet that needs to be reviewed with a positive or negative adjustment.   No idea what to input.   

Turbo tax has calculated 

my gross foreign sourced  income on line I.a -  gross sale of house  and gross rental income -  it is the correct calculation - relates only to the income I am claiming a foreign tax credit for

On line 3e my gross income from all sources is calculated - also correct,  rental incomes from 2 overseas countries, capital gain  on house sale and foreign pension. 

Gross Income from All Sources Smart Worksheet
A  Calculated gross income from all sources        
B Adjustment amount (positive to increase, negative to decrease)   What to enter for the adjustment amount ?

I cannot file without completing this box - I dont know what/how  to adjust - I have tried adding my total gross income including income I am not claiming a foreign tax credit for. it doesn't work 
Any help appreciated 

I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I actually might have figured this out - I had previously had my total sale proceeds in the calculation of foreign sourced income - I amended and just put in the capital gain amount - no review needed for additional information. 

thanks for everyone that tried to help me with this 1116 Form - @rogee2007  I learned a lot 

yes gross income from all sources is not necessarily AGI. for one thing capital gains but not capital losses are included

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies