Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CC4

For bonafide residency test, form asks to list all trips to US, and specify the number of working days. The minimum field value is 1, so how do i enter vacation trips?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

For bonafide residency test, form asks to list all trips to US, and specify the number of working days. The minimum field value is 1, so how do i enter vacation trips?

I would not enter any vacation trips in TurboTax as some taxpayers have had an issue e-filing even with leaving the field blank for US working days.

It will not impact your tax situation.  Form 2555 needs only that you were overseas for an entire calendar year and how many business days were in the US (as income allocated to the US workdays cannot be excluded as foreign income).

It would only impact your return if you were not able to enter your US working days.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I would not enter any vacation trips in TurboTax as some taxpayers have had an issue e-filing even with leaving the field blank for US working days.

It will not impact your tax situation.  Form 2555 needs only that you were overseas for an entire calendar year and how many business days were in the US (as income allocated to the US workdays cannot be excluded as foreign income).

It would only impact your return if you were not able to enter your US working days.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies