Florida residents do not have to file individual state income tax returns because Florida does not have an individual state tax income tax but TurboTax is billing me for

Since you do not have to file individual state income tax, you can remove the Florida return from your return. You may have inadvertently added it to your return. In State Returns, click the Delete link next to Florida. When you revisit the File section, you should no longer see that you are billed for Florida.

The Florida return in TurboTax is to report tangible personal property used in a Florida-located business or rental property and is filed with the county property appraiser. 

ty

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing