Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

brandonw

Filing NC return. I live in NC but work in SC. Wage Allocations page: Would I label the SC income as "PY-NC Source Income" or "Not NC Source Income?"

AnnetteB

When completing the NC return, the SC source income would be “not NC source income”.

brandonw

Logically, if I'm taking a deduction for the taxes paid to SC, wouldn't the SC income still have to be reported under NC source?
AnnetteB

No, NC source indicates that it was earned in NC or derived from NC in some way.