Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aE
Level 3

Filing CT states after moving from NY

I moved from NY to CT April 1 2023. I just finished the NY state portion of the review and when I get to the CT portion, even though TT has all my wages, dates, etc. for both NY and CT, TT asks me to manually adjust several income and deduction items. It also asks many (15 or more) questions that I have no idea the answer or how to get them (portion of my interest in a mutual fund that I earned while a non-resident). At first, I skipped or put in 0 but that led to a penalty. I then pro-rated CT for 3/4th and the tax amount didn't change and the penalty went away. But I kept 0 for those questions I had no way of answering.

Also, I had a W2 for NC wages despite not having worked or lived there - I did travel there a few times. I entered the NC wages from the W2 on TT early on but it did NOT ask me to file a NC return.

Long winded way of asking - is this all normal? I would have assumed TT would have all this info and I'm worried I did something wrong. This is of course exacerbated by the missing progress field that used to give me an update on what was owed/due so I could probably have seen if something was wrong earlier. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies