Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed efile accepted but CA efile still pending and it is Apr 15th

eFiled both my returns at the same time using the desktop Turbotax. Fed came back in 1 hr and state is still pending after a day. It is Apr 15th. How am I supposed to interpret this? Turbotax did not send it to CA or CA has not processed. When I get the mail california is efiled, is that with TT internal queue or is it with CA system. Giving my jitters last day of filing!!!

Is the very purpose of efile for it to be automated? Now are the computers getting tired in CA?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

As long as it is submitted on time you have nothing to be concerned about.  Even if in the end the return is rejected, an e-file rejection can be corrected and it will not be considered late.

State returns can sometimes take a little longer to process via e-file.  But you will be notified when it has been either accepted or rejected.  

Also, just in case you weren't aware, the filing deadline this year is April 18 (Monday), so there is still time for even original filers to submit their return on time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

As long as it is submitted on time you have nothing to be concerned about.  Even if in the end the return is rejected, an e-file rejection can be corrected and it will not be considered late.

State returns can sometimes take a little longer to process via e-file.  But you will be notified when it has been either accepted or rejected.  

Also, just in case you weren't aware, the filing deadline this year is April 18 (Monday), so there is still time for even original filers to submit their return on time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So If I see a email saying - Should I assume CA taxman has it? With no receipt or confirmation number, it is my word against Uncle Sam (or is it CAM for cali)

TRANSMISSION CONFIRMATION

RETURNS SENT
2021 Federal Personal
2021 California Personal
cba2

My efile return is also still in "pending" status on TurboTax several days after "acceptance" by federal. Franchise Tax Board (myftb) shows no record of submission.

How long should I wait before I just give up and file by mail?

Finally my CA efile came through in 2 days. So it is 2 days to 2 weeks for some people.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies