Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lowdertax

Enter portion of Ohio adjusted gross income that is subjectedto tax by another state or the District of Columbia. what does this mean in simple terms?

I had a job in PA but lived in OH. I also had a business run from home. Which income are they asking about?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Enter portion of Ohio adjusted gross income that is subjectedto tax by another state or the District of Columbia. what does this mean in simple terms?

Did you get a W-2 for your job in PA?  If so, did it show any PA state taxes withheld?

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Hal_Al
Level 15

Simple answer: the business income. 

PA & OH have a reciprocal agreement on wages. Your wages are not taxed by PA.  But, the reciprocal agreement does not apply to self employment income. 

If you  earned business income by working in PA, you have to file a PA return to pay PA tax on the portion earned in PA.  OH will give you a credit or partial credit for the tax paid to PA.   

If you mistakenly paid PA tax on your wages, OH will not give you a credit for that. You have to get it back from PA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies