Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kv022

efile state of ohio taxes after federal had to be resubmitted

Original efile of federal taxes was rejected due to incorrect information for one of my dependents. State was rejected because federal wasn't accepted. Next day, fixed federal and was able resubmit through efiling my federal and it is now showing accepted status.  However, turbotax is still sayingI can't file my state return online due to an amended return, but I did not amend it. Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to fix the state return so I can still efile in Ohio?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I have to believe that your software thinks you have an amended return. Click this link for instructions on How to Undo an Amendment.

Once you no longer have the amendment in the way, be sure your federal is correct and matches what was actually filed, then check your state return.

Once everything is as it should be, you should be able to efile the state without further issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I have to believe that your software thinks you have an amended return. Click this link for instructions on How to Undo an Amendment.

Once you no longer have the amendment in the way, be sure your federal is correct and matches what was actually filed, then check your state return.

Once everything is as it should be, you should be able to efile the state without further issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies