Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ECGM
Level 1

Does Turbo Tax remit CA LLC Tax $800 on CA Form 3588 when efiling?

I am using Turbo Tax to efile CA form 568, and Turbo Tax generated 2 other forms as a result: form 3522  for year 2024 LLC tax &  form 3588 for year 2023 LLC tax.  Each form (3522 and 3588)  has $800 CA LLC tax due. 

If I efile form 568 through Turbo Tax, does Turbo tax automatically remit $1600 payment ($800 LLC tax due 2023 and $800 LLC tax due 2024)  to CA government on my behalf?

I already paid for the 2023 CA LLC tax last year . I do not want to overpay  LLC tax and want to understand what happens if I efile form 568 through Turbo Tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Go to your Form 568 and go to the Smart worksheet in the middle of the page. If you did pay the LLC fee for 2023, record the amount in the Box where it mentions Amount paid with Form FTB 3522 for this year. This should eliminate Tax Voucher 3588.

Let us know if this works.

@ECGM 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

You can try switching to the standard mileage rate to see if that allows you to e-file Form 568. Many factors can prevent e-filing, however.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Go to your Form 568 and go to the Smart worksheet in the middle of the page. If you did pay the LLC fee for 2023, record the amount in the Box where it mentions Amount paid with Form FTB 3522 for this year. This should eliminate Tax Voucher 3588.

Let us know if this works.

@ECGM 

ECGM
Level 1

Thanks! Your suggestion works. I missed that smart worksheet in the middle. Now when I step through the screens, Turbo Tax no longer showed me the 3588 voucher. But I can still see 3588 if I go to Forms. My 3588 still has data populated, but the payment amount shows 0. Should I delete that form or just leave it? 

I don't see much guided help in Turbo Tax for form 568. Many numbers just flow through and I mainly focus on the boxes in pink as indicators that require my attention. 

Now in my form 568, Turbo tax has a box in pink next to this phrase below:

"If prompted to check the box, Turbo Tax cannot efile form 568 due to one of the reasons below...."

I believe for my case, it is due to having depreciation in 3885L (Form 568 Schedule B line 17)  

I elected to use actual expense for business vehicle  expense and that triggered a computation of depreciation. Is there a way to work around this and still efile form 568?

Is my only option to file 568 by using the standard mileage rate for car expense, andI forgo the actual expense method?  If there is a workaround for this form 568 efile, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

You can try switching to the standard mileage rate to see if that allows you to e-file Form 568. Many factors can prevent e-filing, however.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies