Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wulf-kub

Do I say No to unemployment? WI State site says I don't apply for 1099G, I got it for last week in Dec but no payments til after 1st in 2024. Unsure what to do?

I started my Unemployment claim in the last 2 weeks of December, it looks like 12/23 week was first covered, I didn't actually receive any payment though til 1/02/2024. My State Site says 1099Gs available and I click on it, it says I'm not applicable for 1099G as I didnt receive payments in the previous calendar year. Some of the things I read say to still report it, but I cant figure out how unless I go through Non-Government even though it was Goverment? I'm not a State Employee either, private company
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Do I say No to unemployment? WI State site says I don't apply for 1099G, I got it for last week in Dec but no payments til after 1st in 2024. Unsure what to do?

Since you did not receive any actual payments in 2023, you do not report unemployment income on your 2023 tax return.  

You should receive a Form 1099-G for 2024, which will include the amount that you were paid that represented the last week of 2023.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies