wehrman

Do I pay Oklahoma state taxes if I work in Oklahoma 4 months live in south carolina

Will I have to pay state taxes in Oklahoma if I live in South Carolina but work in Oklahoma 4 months

rjs

Yes, you will have to file an Oklahoma nonresident tax return and pay Oklahoma tax on the income you earn in Oklahoma. Since you live in South Carolina, all your income is subject South Carolina tax, no matter where the income is from. But you will get a credit on your South Carolina tax return for part or all of the tax that you pay to Oklahoma. Prepare your Oklahoma nonresident tax return first, then your South Carolina resident tax return, to make sure that the credit is calculated correctly.

rjs