Solved: do I claim pensions in SC when i live in NC

revjohna

do I claim pensions in SC when i live in NC

do I claim pensions in SC when i live in NC if i already have to claim them on my nc taxes? i'm employed in sc and live in nc

SusanY1

Since you are employed in South Carolina you will file a non-resident tax return in South Carolina and report your earned income on that return.  Your retirement income/pensions will be reported on your North Carolina resident income return along with all of your income (including your South Carolina wages). 

North Carolina will also give you a credit for taxes paid to South Carolina on the income that you earn there. 

SusanY1