Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

techwizard2
Returning Member

Costco TurboTax 2019 not honoring advertised $19.99 State product via download

My first year using TurboTax was in 2018 -- I bought the CD from Costco, installed it and was pleasantly pleased with how quickly it was able to complete my taxes.

Anticipating similar ease, I again purchased and installed TurboTax Deluxe on my desktop.  This year TurboTax has been a complete headache, every step of the way.

The latest problem -- the product I bought is advertised on the back of the packaging with "Includes: 1 State product via download (Print free or e-file for $19.99 each)"

Now, when I go to submit the State return, I'm told that the fee is $44.99...

So now I'll likely have to waste time contacting Intuit via phone to get this remedied.  If they won't honor the pricing printed on their packaging at the time I purchased the software, I can guarantee this will be the last year I'll ever use TurboTax -- and I'll be ditching QuickBooks for business too.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Costco TurboTax 2019 not honoring advertised $19.99 State product via download

Are you adding an extra state in addition to one free state? If not, you may wish to contact phone support so they can view your screen to see why this is occurring.   Please select this link for information to contact phone support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies