Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jasonjg84

Has anybodys ca state tax return for 2017 been approved

Filed 1/24, one child, still not approved. Most likely they are auditing for identity protection. Many people will be in the same boat. Several friends and family still haven’t been approved either. After 30 days, a letter should arrive from the Franchise Tax Board. I had no issues last year, however, shortly after when I went to go back file for tax year 2015, I received an audit letter asking for proof of identity and copies of my daughters birth certificate, social security card, and school records.
jasonjg84

I forgot to add, I worked for a Tax Service a few years ago and it is well known that California’s Franchise Tax Board heavily audits “Head of Household” filings to ensure the taxpayer qualifies for that status. Also, just like the IRS, states have seen a wave of fraudulent tax returns. This is why most states delay refunds now for many people.

Check the irs refund site again. Mine updated today to approved. I have my direct deposit date of 2/22

I’m still waiting for my California refund.

I was approved for state 1/24/18 and direct deposit was mad the 29th my fed. was approved 4 days ago and says it should be direct deposit tomorrow which is 2/22/18 I did claim my kids, I'm hoping it is.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies