Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot e-file Arizona - form problem?

Working to file Arizona for TY2023, getting rejected because "Return has state taxes withheld reported on sources other than @w-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-G, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-Misc, or 1099-Nec"  Tax Payments Worksheet does not have entries for 1099-DIV or 1099-INT, and placed my numbers from 1099-DIVs into "other state tax withholding".  Seems to be a form error - any suggestions?  I'd really rather not paper file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Desktop, I was able to enter Arizona state income tax on IRS forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV.  

The state income tax withheld is correctly reported on the Arizona Tax Payments Worksheet and correctly transferred to Arizona form 140 Resident Income Tax Return.

Does the Arizona form 140 line 53 reflect a different total that Arizona Tax Payments Worksheet line 14?

Does your tax return report an IRS form 1099-B that reports Arizona state income tax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not sure you understood my problem...I have withholding on 1099-DIV forms from stock sales, both federal and state.  Everything is fine on the federal return, but the AZ state return is being rejected for filing because the withholding on the 1099-DIV forms is reported on the Tax Payments Worksheet in line 13 "Other", and not one of the 1099 options under line 12, which included -MISC, -NEC, -G, and -K.  The error message says "Return has state taxes withheld reported on sources other that W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-G, 1099-Int, 1099-Div, 1099-Misc or 1099-Nec" and this makes it ineligible for e-filing.  There is no entry on the worksheet for 1099-DIV.  The total withholdings are correct on AZ 140 line 53, and agree with the total on line 14 of the worksheet.  The categories appear incomplete on the worksheet.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You will need to mail your Arizona return in this year due to the withholding on form 1099-B.  Be sure to include with your return a copy of the 1099-B that shows the withholding. 

Return to the filing section of TurboTax to indicate that you would like to file by mail and follow the prompts to print the return.  The printed packet will provide the address for mailing. 

If the amount of withholding is small and you do not wish to claim a refund of the withholding, you can revisit the 1099-B section and remove that number in order to e-file the return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies