Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

anon2013

Can't complete non-resident return for Illinois

I am having the same issue as user @hyew491763 from a post from 2 weeks ago.  I'm trying to finish the Illinois non-resident return, but TurboTax keeps saying "Complete your nonresident return(s) first". I went through all the questions and at the end I had the message "Nice! Your Illinois return is in great shape".  Then it asks me if I want to file the Federal and State return together or delete the State return.  I selected to file both together, but then it takes me back to the "Status of your state returns" page and Illinois still just has a status of "Started" rather than "Reviewed" like my other two states.   I tried clearing the cache and cookies, based on the replies from the other user's post, and I also deleted the return and started over.  No luck.  When I look at my forms, the three states that I am filing (including Illinois) are all there, but the return for my resident state does not show that it's giving me credit for the taxes paid to Illinois.  It only shows the taxes I paid to the other non-resident state.  What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies