Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i submit returns for each of my 3 children ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can but you can't use your account.  For Online to start another return you must create a new account.  If you use your account to prepare your children's return, each return would overwrite the other.  

How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
---------------------------------
If you can't use the Free Edition for each of your 3 children, to save money you might want to use the Desktop version (CD/Download).

You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money

• Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
  • On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can but you can't use your account.  For Online to start another return you must create a new account.  If you use your account to prepare your children's return, each return would overwrite the other.  

How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
---------------------------------
If you can't use the Free Edition for each of your 3 children, to save money you might want to use the Desktop version (CD/Download).

You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money

• Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
  • On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies