Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I go back and change the date lived in state? For some reason it is duplicated on my form and will not let me e-file.

For some reason Like 1b(2) on the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet had a duplicate entry, causing an overlap in periods of residency. I need to delete one entry, but I don't know how.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Can I go back and change the date lived in state? For some reason it is duplicated on my form and will not let me e-file.

Yes, you can go back into the program and edit the dates.

You will need to make the change in the My info section of the program located in the black panel on the left. 

1. Click Edit to the right of your name 
  2. Confirm your input under #2 Tell us the state(s) you lived in
  3. Go back to the personal information section, and verify the mailing address and "Other state income" section.  Be sure to answer accordingly to the question asking "Did you make money in any other states?". 

You will also need to review your input on your state tax returns if you started them.   

1. You can do this by selecting State in the black panel on the left.
  2. Select Edit to the right of your state on the screen titled Status of your state returns and go over the state again to adjust any dates if they were entered in this section. 

State status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies