Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get help fixing this "Michigan Household Resources Worksheet: Line 8b Col A is too large." I tried to fix it but I can only see it on the form?

I can see the error in the forms tab but I have no idea as how to fix it going thru the tax input many times. For reasons unknown by me the Federal return was sent and the state was suppose to be mailed and then the error show up right before printing and not when the review was done
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can I get help fixing this "Michigan Household Resources Worksheet: Line 8b Col A is too large." I tried to fix it but I can only see it on the form?

Line 8b is Medicare premiums that would have been entered in the federal section with your social security income.  Column B , in this picture, is showing the amount received during MI residency and is entered in the MI section. Since you are getting an error with the federal entry, review your SSA-1099 entries in the federal section. Perhaps a typo made it too large?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Line 8b is Medicare premiums that would have been entered in the federal section with your social security income.  Column B , in this picture, is showing the amount received during MI residency and is entered in the MI section. Since you are getting an error with the federal entry, review your SSA-1099 entries in the federal section. Perhaps a typo made it too large?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunate for me the amount on that line is exactly the same from form SSA-1099. So now I’m stuck needing to file state and city but TurboTax don’t let me continue even to print state and city forms

Unfortunate for me the amount on that line is exactly the same from form SSA-1099. So now I’m stuck needing to file state and city but TurboTax don’t let me continue even to print state and city forms

The issue I have now is that my refund dropped and I must now amend the transmitted tax to the IRS, yes the problem was detected after it went up and started the sequence to do the State. Now is in a loop.. yeah not happy about this

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies