Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California SMART WORKSHEET FOR: Form 3849: Premium assistance - Why marked as "unmarried"

I am married and have been for some time.  Why is TT marking the answer as "unmarried" ?  What question in TT controls the answer?   How do you find this "Smart Worksheet" in the forms view to override it?

Screenshot 2022-04-05 150804.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

California SMART WORKSHEET FOR: Form 3849: Premium assistance - Why marked as "unmarried"

It looks like the form thinks you got married in 2021.

You may want to go through the interview for this section again in the California interview if you are using TurboTax Online. 

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, click on FORMS in the upper right corner, then choose 'Open Form' and type in 3849. 

Here's more info on California Form 3849.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Both 1040 and 540 are marked as married.

The Health Insurance Premium Assistance Subsidy interview has the question "I got married in 2021".  I have that as unchecked. 

Looks like TT has an error.

I assume that the question "Spouse is covered by plan" means spouse is covered by the very same plan as the 3895 form under question and not an unrelated plan.  My wife is covered by an unrelated plan.  That box I also has as unchecked.

More diligence by TT on this issue would be appreciated. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies