Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California Schedule CA (540) not finalized in Turbo Tax desktop.

Turbo Tax desktop won't let me print or store my California return because the form(s) are not finalized. I can view the return which has 'Don Not Mail - e-File Only' watermark on Schedule CA (540). When I click on 'Notify me when forms are ready', I get an error message that no forms have been specified for notification.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After today's TT update, I can now view and print my draft California return.

"A day without TT fixing one of its bugs is like a day without sunshine."

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes, my return has exactly the same problem.

(There are no errors listed, for both my Federal and California return.  Both the Federal and California returns go through the Review process with no errors.)

It appears very likely that the California Schedule CA (540) form was not fully finalized (even though TT's online list says it has been finalized), and/or it has not been fully and properly identified as such in the TT California downloaded tax form files.

So, this is just a TT bug.  (Although, perhaps TT will identify it as a "feature.")  

Eventually, they will correct the TT downloaded files to fully and properly report the current state of Schedule CA (540).  Hopefully, this will be done in the next update.  By then, I would guess that Schedule CA (540) will actually be finalized (if it is not so already), so that then we can view and print the California return.

mendmk
Returning Member

I talked to TurboTax and they said that the Form CA (540) would be updated in a few days in February.  They said TurboTax would update automatically.  Wishing us all luck on this

Great information!  Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and e-filed my returns today and they were accepted. Now I just need to get a copy of my returns for my records. Funny, I also talked to Turbo Tax tier 2 support and didn't get as much info.

After today's TT update, I can now view and print my draft California return.

"A day without TT fixing one of its bugs is like a day without sunshine."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies