turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California form 568 for Turbotax 2023

Hi experts:

I just filed the tax return for me and my wifi (a joint filing) for both federal and state return. We used Turbotax 2023 Home and Small Business, since my wifi started a LLC in Nov 2023 as sole proprietorship.

From the final pdf that Turbotax printed for my tax return, the state return does include the form 568. However, during the filing, Turbotax also once prompted: 

"if prompted to check this box, TurboTax cannot e-file this LLC return due to one or more of the reasons below. It will need to be printed and mailed, and you will need to file a waiver with the California Franchise Tax Board. You may still e-file your California Individual Income Tax return. Check the box to acknowledge this message..."

From the e-file status, it only said my federal and state tax return are accepted. Therefore, I'm a little bit confused if I should print and mailed the form to IRS separately or not. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you need to print, sign, and mail Form 568 for the Single-Member LLC. The prompt to check the box listed the reasons why the form could not be e-filed.

The e-file confirmation you received was for your California individual tax return. As you said, Form 568 was not included.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you need to print, sign, and mail Form 568 for the Single-Member LLC. The prompt to check the box listed the reasons why the form could not be e-filed.

The e-file confirmation you received was for your California individual tax return. As you said, Form 568 was not included.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies