Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California Adj between Federal schedule C and form 568

I am using Turbotax for home and business. Due to worldwide business in 2023. California FTB allow to allocate revenue only for california. and I am using schedule IW to reflect the revenue allocation and form 568 schedule B to allocate also the prorated expenses  for 2023. which bring me to a loss in my business for the california 568. the form 568 does not translate the loss into the 540 and I cannot find where to add the adjustment for california. I have a small profit on schedule C federal. California Schedule C does not allow me to update any fields to reflect the adjustment and form 568 net loss is not carrying over to anywhere. What am I missing

exemple schedule C net profit  = 35,000.00

California Schedule C  net loss = 12,000.00

How do I fix this?  any help is greatly appreciated

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

California Adj between Federal schedule C and form 568

California Form 568 is a separate report to the state regarding your LLC disregarded entity and is not tied directly to Form 540. California requires SMLLCs to file Form 568, even though they are considered a disregarded entity for tax purposes. They are subject to the annual tax, LLC fee and credit limitations.

Your California Schedule CA is where any California differences between your income and expenses on the Federal Schedule C and the California return are reported. TurboTax also prepares a California Schedule C Worksheet for your records.

The instructions for Form 568 include the following regarding Schedule IW:

If the SMLLC does not meet the 3 million criteria for filing Schedule B (568) and Schedule K (568), the SMLLC is still required to complete Schedule IW. Disregarded entities that do not meet the filing requirements to complete Schedule B or Schedule K should prepare Schedule IW by entering the California amounts attributable to the disregarded entity from the member’s federal Schedule B, C, D, E, F (Form 1040), or additional schedules associated with other activities. For example, if an SMLLC has IRC Section 1231 gains, the SMLLC will need to get the amount from the schedule containing that information, such as Schedule D-1, and enter the amount on line 14 of the Schedule IW.

Be sure to go through the California questionnaire and answer all of the questions to ensure that any California differences are captured for Schedule CA.

[Edited 04/10/24| 10:47am PST]

@JG532

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies