Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA Tax Return Ineligible for E-file / Return has withholding source not supported by TurboTax

Cannot E-file CA State Tax Return

Reason:  The return has withholding from a source other than Forms W2, W2G, 1099R, 1099G, 1099INT, 1099DIV, 1099B, 1099MISC, 592, and 593. 

TurboTax does not support this information to be filed electronically.

The list of "approved" withholding sources does not list Social Security Benefit Form 1099-SM.  Could this be the problem.  Otherwise, my tax return complies with all other sources of withholding supported by TurboTax listed in the "Reason" above.  

What other "non-supported" withholding sources should I be looking for?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

CA Tax Return Ineligible for E-file / Return has withholding source not supported by TurboTax

It could the 1099-SM that is preventing you from e-filing.  I don't know for sure.  An SSA 1099-SM is for survivor benefits.  Do you have a dependent that is receiving survivor benefits?  If so, you do NOT report your dependent's survivor benefits on your tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, DavidD66.  SSA 1099-SM reported in my CA Tax Return is just regular retiree social security benefit, not survivor benefits.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies