Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA Schedule S Line 7

I'm trying to figure out what to enter for CA's Schedule S ("Other State Tax Credit"), Line 7 "Income tax liability paid to other state." In my case, my other (resident) state is OR. Does anyone know if Line 7 is supposed to include my tax liability before or after my state's refundable credits? (In the case of OR, refundable credits include things like 529 contribution credit.) My tax person last year used the number after standard credits, and TurboTax seems to default to the number after refundable credits are included as well (which is a big difference for me!).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

CA Schedule S Line 7

Line 7 – Enter the income tax liability net of all credits paid to the other state. Do not include any of the following: Taxes paid to any local government, such as a city or county. Taxes paid to the federal government. from 2023 Instructions for Schedule S Other State Tax Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CA Schedule S Line 7

OK, so seemingly my CPA last year was wrong and it was supposed to be my tax liability after standard and refundable credits are accounted for...? Darn. 😕

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies