Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

geombp

CA Home Mortgage Interest Adjustment

I understand that there remains a bug in the 2021 Turbotax program which is giving users an error, causing them to not be able to e-file, but that a solution will be issued via update in the next two weeks.   I am baffled how a company like Intuit can produce software without thoroughly testing it, especially on an issue that is common.   The situation is caused when you have multiple 1098 forms (which may be the result of multiple mortgages, refinancing, or having your mortgage sold).  In my case, my mortgage was sold on December 1, 2021 and so I received two different 1098 forms.   The error that showed up would have resulted in a > $2,000 decrease in my refund.  When I tried to manually override it, the program would not let me e-file, saying it "requires an update".    I believe that there are thousands or tens of thousands of people in my state using this product, this issue has persisted for 3 years now based on the blogs I've read, without a proper fix, and it simply tells me that the software developers at Intuit are not doing their job, or they rushed the product to market knowing they would have to employ a "fix".   Well, that "fix" is costing me money.  While I try to avoid tax refunds (after all, why give the government an interest free loan on your money?), I overpaid State tax this year and want my refund as quickly as possible so that I can put my money to work for me.    This kind of stuff simply should not happen.  Test your product.....thoroughly!   I will be seeking an alternative to TurboTax next year.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies