Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LarryL

CA 179 history not transferring in business return

I have been using TT desktop for business since starting my business in 2016. Each year I enter a list of new capital purchases in my federal return and depreciate them using a schedule 179 deduction. Because CA limits annual 179 deductions to $25K I am prompted to edit the list of deductions to make sure they total $25K. And each year I have only been asked to do this for the current return. However, this year for the first time TT is asking me to edit the deduction list for every year going back to 2016! I called TT support and was told that there was an issue with info not transferring properly to the state and the bug would be fixed in a release several weeks ago. Since then I have seen 3-4 updates but I am still being prompted to enter all the history. I have removed and restarted the state return each time I see an update come through. CA is a big state and yet my searches haven't uncovered anyone else having this problem, which I find very confusing. I'm curious to see if my post stirs up anyone else who may be having this problem or if anyone may have insight into something else that may be going on.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies