Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KM39
Returning Member

Bug: TurboTax Desktop Business MA Part Tax Year 2021 does not exclude MA interest from Form 3 Line 30

MA Form 3 Line 27 includes interest from MA banks.  Line 29 is "5.0% interest from Massachusetts banks included in line 27."  The bug occurs on Line 30 which is "Interest (other than Massachusetts bank interest) and dividend income included in line 27."

Line 30 should NOT include MA interest; Line 30 should equal Line 27 minus Line 29.  In my case, Line 30 should be $0 since all my interest is from MA banks and I have no dividends.  However, Line 30 still includes all of my MA interest. (Bug)

While I can override Line 30, I am unable to override the required Attached Statement for Line 30.  So the Attached Statement will still show the bogus value which will not match the overridden Line 30.

This error propagates to EVERY partner's Schedule 3k-1 in MA.  Every partner's MA interest will be taxed twice.

3/1/22  Update: Overriding Line 30, the wrong value DOES propagate to all of the Schedules 3k-1 Line 11 as well as the Attached Statement for Line 30.   Line 30 should not be calculated by TurboTax.  Instructions say to "Enter the total amount of interest (other than interest from Massachusetts banks) and dividend income..."

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies