Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Duckfan

Bug: Moved from Oregon to Tennessee in 2022. TurboTax Premier is stuck in a loop trying to process part-year residency.

I filled out the Oregon return, but I can't complete the OR state tax for part year residency since TurboTax Premier refuses to process TN. It is stuck.

It lists both states under "State Returns" with an "Edit" button next to Oregon and a "Start" next to Tennessee.  I click the "Start" for TN and it wants me to buy the TurboTax State for TN.  However, TurboTax Doesn't list TN as an option to buy but it is referenced in a note below saying there is no State Income Tax for TN.  I can't go past this window so I close the purchase window.  This brings be back to TN listed with a "Start" button, which I click then it brings up the purchase window, which I can't purchase so I close and I am back to the Tennessee "Start button".

My Oregon return is wrong as it assumes full year residency, but I can't get Turbotax to work with both Oregon and Tennessee.

How to Proceed? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Bug: Moved from Oregon to Tennessee in 2022. TurboTax Premier is stuck in a loop trying to process part-year residency.

Clear your browser history.  Log out of and back into your TurboTax account.

You should be filing a resident (TN) and a nonresident tax return (OR).  Make sure you enter your nonresident state first. enter your nonresident state tax return first.

It is recommended to prepare the nonresident state first because your resident state will provide you a credit for the tax you pay to the nonresident state.  By preparing the nonresident state first, TurboTax can transfer the credit information to your resident state to return.  

So this should be calculated for you.

Click here for "How to file if I moved to a different state last year."

Click here for instructions on how to file your nonresident return.

Click here for information regarding filing multiple states returns.

If this does not help please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional details or additional questions or click here for information on Turbo Tax Support.  You can connect with a Live TurboTax Agent and share your screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies