Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug in Iowa state final check routine

For several years now I have had a problem when I get done and do the e-filing that I hope can be finally fixed before April.  (Years ago when I first encountered the problem, I got someone on a screen-share and demonstrated it.  After experimentation I figured out a way around it, but apparently it was not reported as a bug.)

After e-filing the Federal return, when I get the the Iowa state to file it it does a "final check" that comes up with and error:  the K-1 work sheet is displayed with the name of the PTP high-lighted and a message saying the field is too long.  

If I over-ride the field and shorten it (trying to guess how long it can be), I resume and it repeats the check only to display the same work-sheet with the full name and the same error.  Repeated tries just do the same thing no matter how long you shorten the name in the worksheet.

What I found when I switched to "Form" view was that each time had created a new entry on the K-1 work-sheet.  As best I can deduce, the checking checks the K-1 name field against the work-sheet and creates a new entry if there is not an exact match.  But then when it tries to enter the name from the work-sheet into the field on the tax form it finds it is too long and displays the work-sheet with an error message.

The obvious solution is to simply truncate the K-1 name field to fit when copying it to the tax form.

Can this small bug be finally be corrected?

Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You're probably going to have to contact Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

So you're telling me that no-one in Turbotax reads/monitors these entries who can simply notify the develpment team?

@ewoldde wrote:

So you're telling me that no-one in Turbotax reads/monitors these entries who can simply notify the develpment team?

We can report it to the Admins who can pass it along to the development team. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies