Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gake1

As a resident of minnesota do I have to file a north dakota income tax form for winnings on a slot machine in north dakota?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarkB

As a resident of minnesota do I have to file a north dakota income tax form for winnings on a slot machine in north dakota?

Yes, you will need to file a North Dakota tax return for your slot machine winning.

Are winnings from gambling in North Dakota subject to your state's income tax if I am from another state or a foreign country?  (from: https://www.nd.gov/tax/faqs/articles/25-/)

Yes. If you are a resident of another state (and not a nonresident alien temporarily present in the United States), and you are required to file a federal individual income tax for the tax year, you would have a requirement to file a North Dakota individual income tax return to report the gambling winnings from North Dakota sources. If you are a resident of Minnesota or Montana, gambling income from North Dakota sources is not eligible for exemption from North Dakota income tax under the income tax reciprocity agreements with those states.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarkB

Yes, you will need to file a North Dakota tax return for your slot machine winning.

Are winnings from gambling in North Dakota subject to your state's income tax if I am from another state or a foreign country?  (from: https://www.nd.gov/tax/faqs/articles/25-/)

Yes. If you are a resident of another state (and not a nonresident alien temporarily present in the United States), and you are required to file a federal individual income tax for the tax year, you would have a requirement to file a North Dakota individual income tax return to report the gambling winnings from North Dakota sources. If you are a resident of Minnesota or Montana, gambling income from North Dakota sources is not eligible for exemption from North Dakota income tax under the income tax reciprocity agreements with those states.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies