Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Arizona Form 221 for Underpayment of Estimated Taxes - Form Override Not Calculating Values

I accessed AZ Form 221 via the 2022 TT desktop app forms tool after AZDOR contacted saying a penalty was owed for not making estimated payments and that I need to start making estimated payments for 2023.

When I pull up AZ Form 221, the Line 1 box is checked for claiming an exception. I cannot figure out how to answer the questions  in Step-by-Step such that the box is unchecked.

I overrode box 1 to forcefully uncheck, but the rest of the form will not populate automatically. Even as I enter values such as Line 2 Amount of Tax for 2022, the form does not auto-calculate. Is this a bug or am I forgetting to do something? Do I need to fill out the entire form manually? Seems like a bug in TT.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KarenL4
Employee Tax Expert

Arizona Form 221 for Underpayment of Estimated Taxes - Form Override Not Calculating Values

Hi, LotusDreams:

That sounds super frustrating!  Unfortunately, this is not the kind of thing we can help you with in this forum.  I suggest you reach out to TurboTax product support at 1-800-4INTUIT (1-800-446-8848).  A tax expert can then help you understand what is going on and how to address it.  They have superpowers like screen sharing that just aren't available to us when working in the community.

Hope this helps!

*Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Best,

Karen

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies