Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amendment Rejected by State… No way to fix in backend.

I had to amend an accepted return because a late 1099 arrived. It was accepted in Federal, but bounced back by State because: "22-104-068 - Form 104CH voluntary contributions cannot be amended."

I wasn't trying to change any contributions and there's no way to update or not update that in the Turbo tax backend.

I've been trying to get ahold of someone for guidance or pay to upgrade to just be done, but the run around is frustrating and even the text of their email isn't possible, as they said "If we're unable to resolve the errors and e-file again, we'll help you get your return filed by mail." which I can't do in backend either.

Really unimpressed as this seems like it should be straight forward.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Amendment Rejected by State… No way to fix in backend.

This looks like an issue with the state, not TurboTax. As you said, there wasn't any change to your contributions so the rejection notice appears to be in error. TurboTax can only prepare the return and submit it, if the state rejects it you will need to deal directly with them, as it appears the return was completed accurately.

Because of the difficulty and time involved with finding a resolution from your state department of revenue, it would be wise to simply mail the amended return in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies