Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 CA 540 New question Health Care Coverage Information - However TT Deluxe ignores it...

All,

I've discovered that the CA 540 form now has a new field as follows:  

No-cost or Low-cost Health Care Coverage Information – For taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2023, we added a new health care coverage information question on the tax return.If you are interested in no-cost or low-cost health care coverage information, check the “Yes” box on Form 540, Side 5.See Health Care Coverage Information in the instructions.

However in the actual CA 540 form in TT Deluxe (Mac version) the question is locked into NO. You can't change it to YES if you wanted to, not even using the OVERRIDE function. I'm current on software patches for TT (5/30/24). I spent an hour with TT support, and got an investigation opened, however as I write this they just closed it due to "we did not receive enough information to complete a full investigation" - ARGH. Really, how hard is it to understand the ability to click on YES doesn't work?

Anyway this is a heads up for those that may want to get information about low-cost insurance from Covered California, the ability to select YES is not allowed (at least in this version), I can't speak for on-line or other platforms.

Mike

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2023 CA 540 New question Health Care Coverage Information - However TT Deluxe ignores it...

I've discovered where this is changeable, it's not in the 540 form, it's in the CALIFORNIA FORMS -> INFO WORKSHEET.  In section PART VI - OTHER INFORMATION the question is listed there as YES/NO and is selectable, as well as it shows correctly in the printed PDF.

Too bad TT Support didn't even know that. But at least it's there and selectable, that was my only concern for those folks that may want to say YES.

Mike

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies