Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Akaur1
Returning Member

1099-G Government Overpayment

I received a 1099G for State or Local Refunds and entered it within my Federal return under other uncommon income. When I went to complete the State Return, this is not showing up on my Schedule W for my Rhode Island Return. I do not have a schedule W that is self populating or any options to generate it. How can I update? Thank you!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

A 1099-G for state tax refund does not have any state tax withheld and does not go on schedule W. Only items which have state tax withheld are listed on the schedule W. You should have W2s or 1099s with state tax withheld listed on the sch W. If you did not have any state tax withheld, there would not be a form. Estimates are not included on that form.

If you had state tax withheld on W2 or 1099s and the form is not generating, there is another issue. Are you using online or desktop version?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Akaur1
Returning Member

Thank you! I only have items listed within Box 2 of my 1099-G and it is listed as a refund so I think that might be why there is no Schedule W generating. I am using the Desktop version.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Perfect! I am so glad we were able to clear that up. You are in great shape to move forward now.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies